Corporate Governance & Compliance
Restructuring & Insolvency
+234 (1) 4611290
+234 (1) 4611292-94
+234 (1) 4611890
Ijeoma is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Commercial practice group.
She advises clients on Nigerian law and policy affecting the operation of businesses, the establishment of foreign businesses, foreign investments in Nigeria, company/business laws and regulations. She also provides corporate governance and compliance advice to clients in connection with local and international transactions.
Ijeoma obtained her law degree from the University of Ibadan and she is a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
Ijeoma’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Exxon Mobil Nigeria on laws applicable to its operations in Nigeria and all regulations associated or issued by appropriate government agencies arising out of the laws.
- Advising General Electric’s Nigerian subsidiaries on regulatory compliance relating to company law and regulations in Nigeria.
- Advising Bechtel Corporation on labour and immigration related issues arising out of its dual role as project management contractor as well as engineering, procurement and construction contractor on the Brass LNG project. Advice also included the drafting and negotiation of a Project Labour Agreement.
- Advised Credit Suisse on the extent and the limits of Nigerian law in relation to a foreign company intending to engage in activities in Nigeria.
- Advised Hutchinson Ports Holding (HPH), the largest Port Operator in the world, on its negotiations with the Nigerian National Council of Privatization in relation to HPH’s proposed acquisition of operatorship rights in the Apapa Container Terminal in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advised Alexander Forbes, a leading international provider of financial and risk services, on the setting up of a Pension scheme in Nigeria.