Ikponmwosa Uwaifo received his Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from Igbinedion University Okada Edo State, where he graduated with a Second Class (Upper Division).
With over 9 years of active legal practice, Ikponmwosa’s experience cut across the Firm’s Dispute Resolution (labour & employment; general commercial advisory), Real Estate, Maritime & Aviation and Intellectual Property practices.
He is an active member of the Nigerian Bar Association; Nigerian Bar Association (Section on Business Law) and an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK Branch).
He is primarily a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution practice group, with key involvement in advising clients on legal issues arising out of complex cross-border transactions, a few of which include:
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advising Outposts Investments Limited on its multi-million-dollar partnership with Hilton Worldwide Manage Limited, to introduce the Koko Beach Resort Ilashe Lagos, Curio Collection by Hilton.
- Successfully represented Total Energies E&P Nigeria Limited to secure a landmark judgment at the Nigerian Court of Appeal (COA) which allowed an appeal filed on behalf of Total Energies and set aside the judgment of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria which introduced the new labour jurisprudence on triangular or co-employment relationship introduced by the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN).
- Advised Edukoya– a London-based Africa-focused online learning platform on its $3.5M pre-seed raise, the largest pre-seed round in the EdTech category in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advised Alaro City Development Free Zone Company, on the lease and development of its units within the free zone in its bid to establishing the Zone as a world-class mixed-use development comprising various land uses, including residential, commercial and social and recreational uses together with bulk civil infrastructure to benefit the development.
- Representing a high-profile international oil and gas company in a number of labour and employment disputes currently pending at the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
- Advised Vitol Group on the acquisition of real estate in Uyo for the purpose of developing a gas plant facility to capture gas flaring from crude, for conversion into SPG cooking gas.