Paa is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Disputes Resolution Practice Group.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, a QCL from the Ghana School of Law, and a Master of Laws (LL.M) degree from Harvard Law School. He is admitted to practice as a Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana.
Paa is skilled in leading disputes in corporate and commercial law, investment arbitration, mining and natural resources law, construction, and employment law. Paa has also developed the ability to manage and coordinate cross-border disputes through his experience from working closely with lawyers in multiple jurisdictions.
A Selection of Relevant Experience
- Successfully represented Suzhou Elink Co Ltd in obtaining an arbitral award against Sunpower Innovations Ltd.
- Part of a team of co-counsel that represented GPGC Ltd in its successful UNCITRAL arbitration claim against the Government of Ghana (GoG) for breach of an emergency power agreement. Three Crowns (London) led the team.
- Representing a privately-owned Bulk Distribution Company in a USD 2.5 Million dispute over the purchase of Brass Light Crude Oil (BLCO) under an international trade contract.
- Representing shareholders of Latex Foam Rubber Products Ltd. in a litigation over the management of the c
- Successfully represented a major player in the petroleum downstream sector in a claim of fraud involving business email compromise in a cross-border transaction.