Aasiya is a Senior Associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Energy & Natural Resources practice groups.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and a Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) degree both from the University of Ghana. She is also admitted to practice as a Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana.
Aasiya has significant experience in corporate and commercial law practice where she focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance, telecommunications, healthcare, energy investments and general corporate. She also has a great working knowledge and understanding of the Ghanaian legal and regulatory environment and is intentional about delivering pragmatic commercial solutions to clients on complex transactions.
Prior to joining TEMPLARS, Aasiya was the Head of Legal at Nyaho Healthcare Limited, Ghana’s leading private group medical practice, and a key associate in the Corporate and Commercial Group of ENSafrica. She was also a visiting associate at the London offices of Trinity International LLP under the International Lawyers for Africa secondment programme.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advising Nyaho Healthcare Limited on restructuring the company into a group company and on corporate finance options in both debt and equity with development finance institutions.
- Transaction manager on an equity investment by Verod Capital Management Limited, a private equity firm in Nigeria, along with Red Bull GmBH, into DTRT Apparel Limited, a registered free zones enterprise in Ghana.
- Advised Channel VAS in the acquisition of a micro-credit company licensed by the Bank of Ghana, to operate a mobile app for financial institutions. The resulting app will use data and analytics algorithm to score the credit profile of users and offer loan products accordingly.
- Advised Bharti Airtel in respect of the amalgamation of its Ghana business with the Ghanaian business of Millicom International Cellular SA to create an equally owned entity.
- Advised on the setting up of Odfjell Well Services on a joint venture with Rigworld to provide services to the upstream oil and sector.
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch in relation to the financing of the construction of a powership, mobilisation and connection to the national grid in Ghana by Karadeniz Powership Ayşegül Sultan Company Limited.