Oyeyemi is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial practice of the firm and has over 12 years’ experience working as an advisor and managing clients’ regulatory and compliance portfolios.
She has garnered cognate experience advising clients in different sectors including Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), e- commerce, financial technology, energy and renewables and insurance. Her portfolio routinely involves advisory on foreign direct investment, commercial restructuring, compliance including AML (anti-money laundering compliance), employment law, intellectual property, corporate governance, government relations and sustainability. She also manages the company secretarial dockets and provides advisory support to boards in frontier sectors on their business ventures and commercial alliances.
She manages government relations and has led the interface with regulators on knotty legal/compliance engagements with a notable track record of success. She has also fostered long-standing relations with several frontier sector regulators thereby enabling ease of engagement on behalf of clients of the firm while ensuring strict compliance with regulatory, ethical, and responsible business objectives.
Oyeyemi contributes to the firm’s responsible business and development efforts by representing the firm in various impact focussed roles and pro-bono engagements within the legal services community in Nigeria and Africa. She currently sits as the youngest member of the councils of the Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law and the Women Forum championing advocacy capacity development and fair opportunity for commercial lawyers and female lawyers. She has been nominated for ESQ Nigeria’s rising star award (Under40category) for her contributions and leadership.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- The $397.5million acquisition of Schlumberger’s Global Connectivity Services business by Harris Caprock (now Speedcast) advising on aspects relating to the severance, transfer, termination and restructuring of employees impacted by the acquisition and drafting commercial agreements negotiated with the impacted employees.
- The Nigerian law aspects of complex retrenchment exercises and settlement negotiations of employee benefits and compensation for leading International Oil Companies.
- Licensing and permitting management and regulatory compliance advisory for FAANG companies including Apple, Alphabet/Google, Meta and Netflix.
- Global expansion into Nigeria of several leading FMCG brands including Novartis, Dogan’s Sugar, Fresenius Kabi and Pernod Ricard providing advice in relation to diverse areas of law including but not limited to; the regulatory framework for the manufacture, importation, distribution and sale products, advertising laws, foreign exchange regulations, applicable tax laws, labour/employment regime, business establishment and foreign participation in business, nature of contracts, enforcement of contracts and trademark regulation. Advised on proposed regulatory interface with the Nigerian Customs Service, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, the Standards Organisation of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health.
- Representing clients in government engagements for the procurement of licences and permits, negotiation of waivers, transfer of marketing authorisations and review of commercial agreements involving the transfer and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Advising a renowned e-commerce conglomerate in respect of its entry into Nigeria and proposed business operations across different sectors including telecommunications, entertainment and the FMCG sector.
Oyeyemi is a member of the Global Alliance for Impact Lawyers (GAIL) , the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and the International Bar Association (IBA). She is also an Associate of the Women in Management, Business and Public Service.