Grace Nwaigwe is an Associate in Templars’ Dispute Resolution group in Lagos, Nigeria. Her expertise spans across the resolution of commercial disputes arising from oil and gas, energy, construction, intellectual property transactions, and insolvency claims amongst others, garnering experience in domestic and international arbitration, mediation, and litigation.
She graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka with a Second Class (Upper Division) and has been called to the Nigerian Bar.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Member of the team representing an IOC against a State Entity in an ad hoc arbitration relating to an unincorporated joint venture arrangement.
- Member of the team representing an international inertial metrology service provider in relation to a dispute arising out of a non-exclusive collaboration arrangement
- Part of the team that is representing an indigenous experiential events designer in an ongoing intellectual property claim.
- Member of the team that is representing an investment aggregator against a portfolio of claims brought by investors in its crowd funding platform.
- Member of the team that represented a multi-national company in relation to a dispute arising from the process of its winding-up and restructuring.
- Advised and represented a multinational oil and gas exploration and production company in its defence of an arbitration claim relating to outstanding cash calls.
- Member – Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Member – International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member – International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAAF)
- Member – Young Practitioners of International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Member – Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (VYAP), Nigeria
- Member – Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Nigeria (ICSAN)