Obi studied law at Griffith College Dublin. She has significant experience advising clients on the establishment and operation of businesses, as well as compliance obligations across various sectors in Nigeria. She also regularly advises clients on diverse issues including general employment matters, intellectual property and on matters affecting their business operations in Nigeria.
She provides legal support to Nigerian and multinational clients to ensure they achieve their business objectives and remain in legal compliance with the requirements of Nigerian law.
As part of her functions, Obi regularly interfaces with various regulatory agencies on behalf of clients and provides advisory services pertaining to general corporate law to several clients in different industries.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Engaged as the Sub-Saharan coordinator for Verod Holdings Limited and Tangerine Africa Nigeria Limited to supervise the procurement of trademark registrations and advise the client on the registration of trademarks in connection with the setting up of a franchise in Nigeria. In conjunction with our correspondence law firms, represented client and assisted with the registration of various trademarks in Nigeria and across Africa.
- Assisted and advised Kantar Group Holdings Limited, on the appropriate strategies for implementing employee transfers following its reorganization.
- Providing company secretarial services to TechnipFMC Nigeria Limited, Tropical Naturals Limited, Bluewater Nigeria Limited, Upstream Nigeria Limited, Heinz Nigeria Limited and Orange Business Services Nigeria Limited.
- Advising Google Global Services Nigeria on a regular basis on various employment related legislation in Nigeria as they relate to pension, work hours, leave and tax. Also provided Nigerian law advice in connection with its global audit of employment policies.
- Assisted Moet Hennessey, on the regime for sale and distribution of its products in Nigeria, including advising on and undertaking registration of various products with the NAFDAC.
- Advice Nokia, on post-merger employee integration and harmonization of employment terms issues including trade union negotiations, arising from acquisition of Alcatel.
- Providing Netflix, with legislative watch and tracking services in respect of enactments and amendments of Federal and State legislation relating to consumer relations and protection in Nigeria.
- Nigerian Bar Association