Cyriacus Orlu is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of the Firm.
He has over 20 years of extensive experience in general commercial law issues (litigation and arbitration), technology and telecommunication, energy and natural resources, electoral matters (pre- and post-election issues), labour matters and criminal law.
Over the years, Cyriacus has advised and represented both domestic and multinational corporations in high-stake and complex litigation and arbitration.
Cyriacus obtained his first degree in Law from the University of Calabar, Cross Rivers State Nigeria. He also holds an LL.M in Antiquities Law from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Prior to working at Templars, he worked with a law firm in Lagos where he was actively involved in litigation (especially commercial litigation) and dispute resolution. He is also a certified cyber security expert.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Representing a major upstream oil and gas company and a leading energy services company in a multi trillion-dollar oil spill and environmental pollution litigation suit.
- Currently defending Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited in a multi-trillion-naira tortious claim at the High Court of Rivers State Nigeria.
- Successfully defended a prominent oil servicing company in a muti million dollar claim for breach of contract.
- Successfully represented a governorship candidate in several pre-election suits filed against his candidacy as governor.
- Cyriacus has represented individuals in high-profile pre and post-election matters, obtaining judgement for same at the high court and court of appeal.
- Part of the defence team to a leading upstream oil and gas company at the Federal High Court in a multi trillion-dollar fundamental rights enforcement suit.