Collins is a key Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group of the firm.
He is an astute legal professional with remarkable experience and a wide range of skills in commercial litigation, negotiation, arbitration, expert determination, and other dispute resolution mechanisms. His subject matter expertise cuts-across insurance, company proceedings, privacy laws and data protection, defamation, intellectual property law, insolvency, debt recovery, oil and gas, finance and power sector disputes.
He holds a First-Class degree from the Nigerian Law School while also graduating as the Third Best Graduating Student in Corporate Law Practice. He is also an alumnus of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology. He plays a major role in the mentorship of law students and younger lawyers.
- Barrister at Law (BL), Nigerian Law School.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Professional and Market Recognition
- Academic & Career Development Symposium, July 2019 – Panelist on the session dealing with setbacks in the pursuit of career goals.
- Future Lawyer Series, November 2019 – Panelist on the session dealing with Managing Expectations.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- JPMorgan Chase Bank (JPM) in the successful defence of legal proceedings commenced against JPM by the Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN), relating to payments authorized by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) from its account with JPM for the controversial sale of OPL 245 to Royal Dutch Shell and Eni in 2011. Link
- Google LLC in the successful defence of a dispute relating to the alleged breach of a data subject’s right to privacy and right to erasure of personal date due to Google’s refusal to delist the search results relating to the arrest of, and criminal charges filed against the claimant. Link
- Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited in the successful defence of an employment dispute arising out of a redundancy exercise that was carried out by the company which led to the termination of the Claimant’s employment.
- A tech company that jointly built an electronic commerce platform with another entity on the protection of its intellectual properties on the platform and how to prevent the co-builder of the platform from taking adverse steps regarding the said platform such as licensing or partnering with third parties towards the exploitation or use of the platform without the concurrence of the client.
- Google LLC in the successful defence of a N500,000,000 claim for breach of privacy rights and online defamation of the claimant through Google’s platform by third parties. Link
- A haulage company in the arbitration claim of $12,000,000 relating to the abuse of monopoly by the operator of a seaport and economic duress towards the acceptance of unfair and prejudicial terms of contract by the haulage company.
- A power generation company in an expert determination for the interpretation of various clauses in their contractual documentations with counterparties and the determination of the liability of the counterparty to settle the debt of over $3,000,0000 being claimed by the power generation company.
- An international oil company in an arbitration of a dispute over the propriety of the divestment of interests connected to its oil assets in Nigeria.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Member, Young Arbitrators Network