Chiamaka is a dedicated and astute lawyer committed to delivering tailored solutions that addresses the unique needs of clients. With a particular focus on banking and finance, competition law, and mergers and acquisitions, she brings expertise and unwavering enthusiasm to every case. She is passionate about helping businesses navigate complex legal challenges and achieve their strategic objectives.
Chiamaka has honed her skills in handling various transactions, including cutting-edge mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organizations and restructuring, project finance and Islamic finance. She understands the intricacies involved in these complex matters and is well-equipped to provide insightful counsel and guidance.
Chiamaka was selected as a 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholar. She holds a first-class degree in law from the prestigious University of Ibadan, as well as a second-class upper degree from the Nigerian law school.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Provided legal counsel to Baker McKenzie and the Sika Group on the acquisition of MB Construction Chemicals Solutions Limited (MBCC), and the divestment of certain divisions of MBCC to Cineven.
- Advised Pressure Controls Systems Nigeria Limited on the sale of assets to General Electric International Operations Nigeria Limited.
- Advising a major indigenous pharmaceutical company, on securing a €13.85 million facility from an international bank for the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Assisting a leading international Islamic corporation in extending million-dollar finance facilities to 3 Nigerian banks for on-lending to small and medium scale enterprises.
- Providing legal guidance to a leading FMCG-focused company, in obtaining a NGN16.56 billion dual tranche export development facility for the establishment of a palm kernel expellers plant, soyabean extraction plant and vegetable oil refinery.
- Advised Fiducia, a technology-based platform, in connection with the launch of a groundbreaking supply chain financing platform in Nigeria.
- Offered legal support to a major American multinational conglomerate during its global restructuring and internal reorganization. Facilitated the transfer of assets, liabilities and employees from its major Nigerian subsidiary to its newly incorporated healthcare company.