Zeenah Alolade is a key member of the Energy and Natural Resources practice group advising on the Oil and Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, and Project Development arms of the group. Prior to joining Templars, Zeenah interned at notable institutions both in the UK and Nigeria. Zeenah holds an LLB from the University of Essex and an LLM from Lancaster University, UK. She is admitted to practice in Nigeria and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2021.
Professional and Market Recognition (if applicable)
- Pro – Bono – Currently advising on the development of the first vertically integrated seaweed nursery and biorefinery project in Nigeria.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advising UTM Offshore Limited on the ongoing development and US$ 5 billion financing of the floating liquefied natural gas facility in the Yoho Field, offshore Nigeria which once completed, will be the first FLNG plant in West Africa.
- Advising Mota Engil Nigeria and Africa Finance Corporation on the value-added concession under the Federal Government Highway Development and Management Initiative (HDMI) in connection with the development, operation, maintenance and management of certain Federal Highways in Nigeria.
- Advising on the financing, operational, and governance restructuring options of an existing financial and technical services agreement in relation to OML 13.
- Advising an International Oil Company on the ongoing strategic divestment of its entire shareholding in its Nigerian upstream oil and gas assets portfolio. This includes structuring a clean exit plan working through high-stakes contractual, tax, and other regulatory claims and obligations, government investigations and employee severance issues, and engaging NUPRC on the PIA regime.
- Advising Nova Utilities Limited on its establishment of Nigeria’s first Floating Solar Plant.
- Advising on the development and financing of a portfolio of 20 x 100 MWpv solar power projects across Northern Nigeria to aid in the development and industrialization of Northern Nigeria.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators