Nafisa Haliru is an Associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial practice group.
Nafisa Haliru is an alumnus of Igbinedion University Okada, Nigeria where she graduated top of her class with First Class Honours. She graduated among the top 7.5% of 5700+ aspirants from the Nigerian Law School, and is admitted into the Nigerian Bar.
Nafisa has garnered considerable experience in advising clients on local and international corporate legal transactions involving corporate restructuring, corporate governance, foreign participation, immigration, general corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, consumer protection and intellectual property.
She is an active member of the Nigerian Bar Association, Associate of the Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators Nigeria and the International Law Association.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advising Outposts Investments Limited on its multi-million-dollar partnership with Hilton Worldwide Manage Limited to introduce the Koko Beach Resort Ilashe Lagos, Curio Collection by Hilton.
- Advised Mastercard in connection with its proposed acquisition of a state-of-the-art digital experiences and decision-making platform, built to enable marketers to hypothesize, build, test, and optimize personalized digital experiences.
- Advising Africastream Ltd. a leading digital solutions Company tailored to Africa’s digital challenges in connection with the introduction of its services to Nigeria.
- Advised Abbott, an American multinational medical devices and healthcare company on the reorganization of its distribution network in Nigeria.
- Advising various local and international clients like Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), Netflix, etc. on new or potential laws, regulations, or policies affecting its operations in Nigeria.
- Advised a world-leading e-commerce company in connection with its proposed launch of full consumer operations in Nigeria.