Matilda is an Associate in the Firm’s Finance and Corporate & Commercial Practice Groups.
She holds a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Business Administration (focusing on Banking and Finance) and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, and a QCL from the Ghana School of Law She is admitted to practice as a Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana. Matilda has significant experience in corporate and commercial law practice with a focus on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance, corporate governance as well as regulatory compliance advisory experience.
A Selection of Relevant Experience
- Conducted due diligence on the target company for MIIF’s 35 million equity investment in Atlantic Lithium.
- Advised on Unicorn Petroleum’s GHS 50 million note programme.
- Advised on Electrochem Ghana Limited USD 30 million preference share issuance to MIIF.
- Advised on Rhema Energy Limited’s relating to the takeover of OMC’s retail outlets.
- Advised VAOB Group on its restructuring of a procurement contract for the purchase of two diesel multiple unit trains for the ministry of railway development.
- Conducted due diligence on the target company for Investisseurs and Partenaires on its USD 3 million investment.
- Advised Geronimo data systems in relation to its payment system provider and cyber security license.