Ifeoma Solanke is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group of the firm.
She is a highly skilled legal professional with experience in commercial litigation, arbitration, and various dispute-resolution mechanisms. Her expertise cut across Banking and Finance, Insurance, Labour and Employment, Torts, and General Commercial Disputes Resolution including international debt recovery, Media, Entertainment, Technology and Intellectual Property (METI).
She is an associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the Lagos Court of Arbitration. She is an alumna of the University of Benin, where she completed her legal education finishing at the top 1% of the class.
Outside of her legal pursuits, she passionately contributes to the Gender Justice Sector by volunteering her time and expertise. She actively supports victims of sexual violence in their quest for justice, showcasing her commitment to making a positive impact in society.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of Benin
Professional and Market Recognition
- Courtroom Mail 100, Africa’s Influential Women in the Legal Profession, 2022 (Super Heroes-Heroes Influencers-Disruptors)
- Head, Volunteers for Justice Beyond Hashtags Foundation Team – participation in the Gender Justice Sector, assisting victims of sexual violence in accessing justice, 2020 till date.
- Volunteer, Mzuzah Africa – a non-profit international organization engaged in the educational and economic empowerment of youths, leveraging innovation and technology.
- Team Member of the winners of the White and Case Award of the LCA-YAN International Commercial Arbitration Competition, Law Firm Category, 2019.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Member of the team of lawyers representing a major NOC and IOCs in an arbitration with a state-owned entity in relation to the divestment of interests in the NOC.
- Member of the team of lawyers representing a major NOC in the acquisition of interests in a major oil asset.
- Member of the team of lawyers advising a notable luxury brand in the acquisition of a property worth over US$1.5 Million .
- Member of the team of lawyers representing a major NOC in its liquidation and divestment of assets and liabilities.
- Member of the team of lawyers representing a foreign university in the recovery of judgment sum worth over Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars from a state government and its agency.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Graduate Member, Nigeria Institute of Management