Deborah Okpiaifo holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Benin and graduated with First Class Honors from the Nigerian Law School. She has garnered experience advising clients across various sectors including telecommunications, energy, technology and finance. Her areas of expertise include general corporate advisory, intellectual property, media and entertainment law, labour and employment law, company secretarial and regulatory compliance.
Deborah is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria and the International Trademark Association’s Young Practitioners Committee and Outreach Subcommittee.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advising Venture Garden Group, Africa’s leading technology holding conglomerate, on the corporate restructuring and decentralisation of its business, and the institution of corporate governance structures within the group.
- Advising ATC Nigeria (the Nigerian subsidiary of American Towers Corporation) in connection with its proposed acquisition of a large portfolio of telecommunication towers.
- Advising Kantar Group, the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company in connection with the reorganization of its entities across various jurisdictions including Nigeria.
- Advising Apple on the proposed expansion of its payment offering in selected jurisdictions, including Nigeria.
- Advising an American multinational medical devices and healthcare company on the reorganisation of its distribution network in Nigeria.
- Advising a leading multinational retailer in connection with its proposed launch of full consumer operations in Nigeria.