Deborah Ehanire is an associate in the Firm’s corporate and commercial practice group. She is an alumnus of the University of Benin, Nigeria, providing excellent legal services to business entities and individuals relating to corporate restructuring, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, consumer protection, policy development, labour relations and general advisory.
Deborah is an active member of the Nigerian Bar Association and a thought and workplace leader. She extends her impact in the legal services community through active volunteering and public speaking across different professional platforms including carrying out pro bono services for the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF), an organization established by the Lagos State Government to create employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for Lagos State residents.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advised General Electric in relation to its global spin-off into three companies focused on healthcare, energy, and aviation. Also advised General Electric on its global acquisition of a division of Baker Hughes, Nexus Controls, which deals in control systems for power generation turbines, amongst other things.
- Advised Apple on the proposed expansion of its payment offering in Nigeria to include carrier billing.
- Advised Abbott, an American multinational medical devices and healthcare company on the reorganization of its distribution network in Nigeria.
- Advised a world leading e-commerce company in connection with its proposed launch of full consumer operations in Nigeria. Particularly, advised on environmental compliance, marketing, advertising, consumer protection and return rights and warranties, in relation to the requirements for the establishment of the company’s operation in Nigeria.
- Advising Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (“Mobil”) on compliance with the Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) requirements in the Petroleum Industry Act particularly the structuring and implementation of the ESG framework for the various Host Communities within Mobil’s area of operations in the Niger Delta Region (“NDR”) and establishment of incorporated trusts for the different host communities.
- Advising Heirs Holding Oil and Gas Limited (“HHOG”) on the structuring and incorporation of Host Communities in compliance with the Petroleum Industry Act in Nigeria.
- Advised Walmart Incorporated, an American multinational retail corporation operating a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores in various jurisdictions around the world, in connection with its multi-jurisdictional survey and review of statutory and compliance obligations applicable to its business in Nigeria.