David Edoziem is an Associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial practice group. David has a degree from the University of Benin, and his practice encompasses a broad range of legal areas, including general legal advisory, labour and employment law, corporate governance, real estate, regulatory compliance, shipping and maritime law, and civil and commercial litigation.
David’s expertise in corporate and commercial law is particularly noteworthy, as he has a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks that govern businesses and companies. He is skilled in drafting and negotiating contracts, conducting due diligence, and providing strategic advice on varied corporate transactions. In addition to his expertise in corporate and commercial law, David has also established a strong reputation in other areas of law, including labour and employment law, where he advises clients on a wide range of employment-related issues, such as compliance with labour laws, employee benefits, and dispute resolution. He is also experienced in civil and commercial litigation, with particular expertise in employment and maritime dispute resolution, as well as white collar investigations.
A Selection Of Relevant Experience
- Advised Bolt on its multi-million-dollar vehicle financing arrangement in Nigeria, including associated employment, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
- Advised Amazon Web Services on the legal nuances surrounding the deployment of AWS service offerings in Nigeria as well as the extant data protection regime currently in force in Nigeria and applicable to the business.
- Advised Google LLC and Google Global Services Nigeria Limited, on the impact of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 and Data Protection Bill 2020 on their local and international data processing activities as well as compliance obligations arising therefrom.
- Part of the legal team that advised a world-leading e-commerce company in connection with its proposed launch of full consumer operations in Nigeria. Particularly, advised on environmental compliance, marketing, advertising, consumer protection, return rights and warranties, in relation to the requirements for the establishment of the company’s operation in Nigeria.
- Advised a multinational shipping company on legal and practical means of recovering unpaid ship management fees owed under a bareboat charter agreement.